Thursday, January 5, 2012

01/05/1984

On this day at 7:09am (HI time) I came into this world :) However, I have always felt that birth days should give recognition to our mothers who have gone through the pains of labor and delivery along with years of back talking, eye rolling, and every other thing I did to put my mom through hell as a teenager and even young adult. haha The karma I see in my future does NOT look bright.  So on this day I would like to recognize my dear mum who we all miss terribly. She just recently went back to Hawai'i from a two week visit/vacation with us.  It was so nice having her and my youngest sister here with us.  I coud relax and she had the opportunity to spend time with my kids who seem to only behave when she's around! Damn kids!!


My mum is truly the great in me, she is my strength and everything good about me today is because of her.  I was recently told she is what a grandma should be by a few people.  I have to agree.  I share(d) a special bond with both my grandmas.  I miss my dad's mom who has passed away and I think of her often.  I miss her laugh and even her old wrinkly hands.  When I would look at her hands it always made me think of the life she lived.  She had her favorites when it came to us grandkids (I was not a top 5 lol) but she showed my kids, myself, and even Filipo unconditional love.  There's just so much about my grams that when I think of her I still have an ache in my heart knowing that she is not here with us physically.  She would love my rotten-as-hell second boy! Ask anyone in our fam, she loved her hard head boys!!!


My other grandma has spent her years between New Zealand and Australia with a few months in Hawai'i every so often.  She grew up wealthy and privileged.  She's head strong and extremely strong in the LDS church.  That can be a good and bad thing! lol  She has taught me (by example) to have poise in all I do and always be proud of where I come from, to know my roots.  Hopefully I can take my family to Australia and visit her soon.


So back to ME...the birthday girl ;)  I have always looked at New Year's day as just that, the new year's day.  For me, my new year/ new me starts on my birthday, where each year is renewed by default with my age getting older.  It has taken me just about 28 years to get my shit together, no nicer way of putting that.  I have seen the good, the bad, the ugly, and just recently experienced the most high.  The road less traveled sucks and that is exactly why it's the road LESS TRAVELED!!! hahaha But the ride was exciting at times and the tests it gave me proved how strong my family is as a unit as well the bond and love I have for and with my husband.


Above all, all the glory to God.  So cheers to another year of life and LOVE!

2 comments: